Friday, April 20, 2018

Downtown of Oshawa By John Mutton


 I am really enjoying my firms new office in the Downtown of Oshawa. I am so impressed with the trendy coffee shops in the city likely driven by the UOIT presence.

I was also looking at the great presence of the creative class in the City and for example you can see this at the Cork and Been at almost any day on the west side of Simcoe st, just south of King St.

The City will never reach its potential without the removal of the methadone clinic however. If successful in October, I plan to use all tools that we have in the Municipal Act to relocate the methadone clinic, mark my words on this.

Once the drug anchor is removed out of the downtown, an increase in police walking a beat and an increase in bike patrols will in fact take our city core back. The old rule of thumb is that good can always drive out bad.

Durham Regional Police must also be targeting the prostitution and human trafficking, I absolutely witnessed a huge influx of prostitution last week in the City. This does not sit well with the public or me. The eradication of crime must be THE priority in Oshawa downtown.

Crime across Durham is an issue period. Councillor Shaun Collier, the next Mayor of Ajax has spoke to me about the need for a Police Station in Ajax and I am fully supporting him on this initiative. Land acquisition, Engineering and construction will happen under his watch and mine.

Crime must be met with the Broken Windows philosophy that Rudy Giuliano advocated. Only then will we be legitimately proactive on crime.Till next week
John MuttonPresident and CEO
Municipal Solutions - Energy and Infrastructure
Downtown of Oshawa

No comments:

Post a Comment