Saturday, March 19, 2022

CHIRP - CHIRP

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. There are conflicts all over the world. It appears that when our media tries to push an agenda for support. We are exposed to all the autrocities of war. The suffering the real heart jerking media that will entice an emotion in support of one side or another. Unfortunately for the realities of life. People suffer and are suffering all over the world. Death, is all around us. It does not take much for them to become us. Look at the recent truckers situation. Our cowardly Prime Minister instead of taking the diplomatic route. He called in the boots of war to oppress the peaceful truckers. Truckers that are no different than you or I. It took truckers to put an end to COVID and it’s ridiculous mandates. Maybe it will take truckers to bring world peace. You never know. Today we are force fed through the media the autrocities in the Ukraine. Showing us on a daily basis how bad the Russians are. How is it that when we blanket bomb Middle Easter countries we are not prevy to the images of war. To the many women and children killed. But wait. Women and children are being killed all over the world and we never hear about it. Africa, South America, Middle East, Ukraine. Funny how society works. When the powers of the day want something they will use images to move us in to action. I personally want war to end for the innocent people. For the preservation of history and humanity. Have we not learned that war is not the answer to any conflict. Only people like you and me get hurt. Then again, we been fighting one war after another. Not only military. Then why is human suffering so prevelant in the human mind? Why must we always live under this tension ban that fluctuates from one conflict right on to the other. Hell, have we forgotten that China is responsible for the release of that bio-hazardous agent called COVID to the world. We live in North America in a fragile society. We are no better than a canary in a cage. The handlers have all the control. All we can do is chirp when we need something or want something. Other than that our limitations are the same. Life is for the living. Let’s all live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment