Friday, March 11, 2022

MADONA

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I am not one to be very religious but respect the faith as a good Roman Catholic. What are we doing here.... Madona Mia, We have our Prime minister going to Europe on a seudo vacation in the name of mustering up peace between Russia and the Ukraine. For What? Justin has difficulty keeping the peace with the good people that have paid his way to go to europe to play diplomat. It appears in Canada a so called democratic and free society that if you speak against the government the government will come down on you hard. If you demonstrate and they do not like it. They can pass, “war measures act”. Really and this is the same guy that is going to attempt to talk to Russia on backing down? Or to stand up for the Ukraine as they get slaughter. Come on people. If there is a God above us and you pick the faith. They or ‘He’. Hell to be politically correct these days, “She/he/it/her/him/it/ a fuck it. You get the picture”. Whom ever your god is. They must be scratching their head and wondering how he has made so many stupid people. How can so many follow a blind piper. Do we not see what is going on here. Our freedoms have been revoked. We surrendered our ability to exercise our right in a so called democracy. Forget the Ukraine. There is a war right here at home. A war that is silent but deeming many casualties in the form of economic ruins. People are loosing their homes, jobs, families over the condition our country is in. Here we have Justin playing premadona thinking he will make an impact on a foreign situation that he has no business being in. Justin. Wake up before the next election. We the people of Canada need you to lower our taxes. Cut back on waste. Put food on people’s table. Give people in need direct help so they may keep their homes and avoid being on our streets. Work on lowering our gas prices by developing our own Canadian gas and oil resources. Stop playing dress up in order to pretend you are doing something for the country. We live ina fragile society. We allow the state to lead us, as they have always supplied and given us a cushioned way of life. Things for many. It is getting real. We need to wake up from our comforted slumber and realize that the world is coming to us... and that we have no place to run. War is war. Peace is Peace. Let’s keep the two apart so we do not end up fighting a war for peace and or keeping the peace by having to go to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment