Saturday, May 21, 2022

IT IS A GAS

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Please check your pulse. Are we as Canadians dead? How high must the gasoline price get before we are broke? Will it have to get to that? The old ‘we have the money, we pay’ mentality has to stop. As the government is catching on an on a never ending price increase. After all if no one complains, it must be ok to keep rising the price of gasoline. Come on people, we not only lower our standards in this country to accommodate those of lesser civilized nations. But now we are being bent over at the pumps and have our wallets raped right in front of our children. How much more should we endure before we all go broke. Believer there is no machismo in opening a wallet knowing that is your last stash of cash for a while. We need to come together as a nation and put a stop to this. How is it that just three years ago when Trump was in office. The gas price was well under a dollar. Under a dollar. Can you believe the change. This brings me back to the Obama era. Same thing. The gas prices were skyrocketing without no real point of return. What is our government doing? We are a shadow of the American way. The U.S. pays out of their ass for gas. So do we. The U.S. touches on changes to abortion laws. Boom all of a sudden, abortion becomes a huge political issue. Let’s stop following. Let’s vote in real leaders. Ok, stop laughing. NO matter who we elect we the people still get it in the GAS. Sad to think that our economy is so heavily dependent on the Yanks. I guess as Canadians we can do anything but pray that Trump makes a big come back. Not because of his political inclinations but of his leadership qualities. NO MEANS NO... AS LONG AS IT IS NOT GOVERNMENT. I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment