Saturday, May 14, 2022

IT IS OUT OF CONTROL

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. It took a bunch of truck drivers to bust the COVID mandate. Now even tho we are in the six, seventh wave. No more closing businesses. No more attempts to control it. Not even mention of vaccination. What happened in such a short time that it is a free for all on all fronts when comes to covid. I think we should learn from the truckers efforts. They took it to Ottawa and they won. They won back our freedoms. I think the same should be done by every red blooded Canadian when it comes to taking control of our gas prices. Really, two dollars plus at some gas stations? You got to be kidding. How are people going to pay? I heard that the government is forcing people to use public transport. They are going as far as lowering the rates to just a dollar. Is this how it is going to be. Control people by forcing them to comply to use public transportation. Who can afford a house. A car and all that comes with it. Like insurance, taxes and maintenance. This can’t be allowed to continue. Gas prices need to be brought under control. We went from eighty cents to two dollars in no time... There is no excuse other than that of the government wanting to push electric cars. No one will buy electric if the gas price is low. This is not about the environment. It is about making millions if not billions. I think the electric car fad is a mistake. That eventually people will realize that the cost for an electric car is not worth it in the long run. How much do you think it cost for a battery for one of those cars... just as much a mid size car. Once we make the transition. It be hard to go back. I say. Let’s all go to Ottawa and let them know what we think. Lower the price of gas or we will occupy Ottawa. What do you think am I crazy? I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment