Saturday, July 23, 2022

Taking A Carp At The Park

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I know you read the title and thought it was a spelling mistake... You must have wondered, has he gone insane? C.A.R.P., formally incorporated as the Canadian Association of Retired Persons, is a national, nonpartisan, not for profit association that advocates on behalf of Canadians as they age. Ok. Now that we got that out of the way. Let’s talk about taking a crap at Lakeview. Is there a by-law against that? It seems that in the City of Oshawa there is a by-law for just about everything. One day they are going to demand we all wear a methane meter up our arses so they can tax us for polluting the environment... You can’t park your own paid car in front of your own paid house... or here comes these I think I can wonna be cops and harass you...Or worst give you a ticket. Now to read all that you can’t do at Lakeview Park. It disgust me. Yet on any given day you can drive down our downtown and watch people take a CRAP right in the open. Where are the by-law Gestapo? I am embarrassed at bringing family from Europe through Oshawa. Then again from what I hear. Some museum and attraction guide their guest through Whitby down Hwy 2. What is wrong with this city. Where are our elected officials. This is why I support Joe Ingino for Mayor. Here is a guy that is honest and genuine. He has vast knowledge of the downtown core and Oshawa in general. He out of his pocket funds Oshawa’s most successful ‘SHOP LOCAL’ initiative I have ever known. You can see his name in every other store... and for those store that do not have his initiative name in their front window. I will never visit. Other people should do the same. We need to support those who support our city. Joe Ingino will be a good change for this City. He is a proven successful businessman. He does not play around. When he says something he follows through. Sometimes to much. One time I remember jokingly he made a remark. I asked him. Is that a threat. He looked at me and smiled. “No my friend, there is not place in society for threats. I am just telling you what is about to happen and giving you the option of choosing the outcome.” Mr. Ingino, I believe will put a stop to crime in our downtown. He will run out the drug dealers, the pimps and all that comes with that. No more petty crime. Mr. Ingino has a solid economic plan that will put downtown merchants back in the limelight they deserve. He will bring great opportunity as he is a master negotiator and an experience business person. His intellect is unmatched. I truly believe that he will bring industry/commerce/trade to Oshawa like it has never been seen before. His leadership qualities are one that people can entrust to work in their best interest. As it stands I can’t even take a CARP to memorial park or Lakeview in fear of being at the one mugged at the other harassed by bylaw. Come on people vote Ingino in 2022. I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment