Monday, August 1, 2022

It’s To Hot - It’s To Cold

It’s To Hot - It’s To Cold By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. What is it with society today. It seems we are a bunch of over-opinionated complainers. You turn on the television and boom... more complainer. What is wrong with this world. We got to stop complaining and start appreciating life. I remember when I was growing up. Even a piece of bread was celebrated as much as sunday banquet. Today nothing seems to be good enough. Nothing seems to make the grade. I am disgusted. I remember how hard it was for me when I was coming up the ranks of society. I had to work hard for everything I had. Sometimes, I had to go without. While others enjoyed the many staples of life. I drive downtown and can’t help to see the homeless on our streets. People shooting up and smoking dope. I must admit. In my youth I use to see at times a poor soul that had to much to drink and happen to fall asleep on a park bench. Only to awaken and go back to his family. Today, the rise from their overdose and turn into zombies. They appear to not be human. Their only goal is to score more money for the next load. If there is a God above why does he let this type of thing happen in our society? It has not logic. I feel for all those that sacrificed during the many wars to give us the freedoms we enjoy. Even though our freedom is highly determined by our wealth and access. To cry over spilled milk is pointless. But to do nothing about it in my eyes is a sin. We need to come together as a society and re-instate basic human decency. Forget the teaching of popular social etiquette. Teach people how to be people with one another. How to cope with stressors and how to go beyond the fears and uncertainties that we all experience in life. Drugs, booze are only a sign of the times. A time when we need action before many more of us end up the same. Life is to short. Appreciate it while you can and help where you can. I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment