Saturday, September 17, 2022

FRIENDS TODAY ENEMY TOMORROW

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. What is it with people today? I remember a time when deals were closed on a handshake. A promise meant your honor was on the line. That your word was gold. A friendship, a bond that is anchored in your heart and soul. Something that is respected, honored and valued. Something that under no circumstance be compromised. Much like family. It is a life long bond. A relationship rooted in blood and genetics. Friendships are an extension of that sacred bond. I remember the pride in men knowing that they honored family and friends. A bond that mandated reciprocation. A bond that made society the great place it was. I say was because today. Society is compromised. Your friends today are nothing but out for themselves and not true friends. Running in this election this finding is so much so. Those I thought to be friends. Turned out to compromise that bond. Those that came around when they needed something. Now shun away. What is wrong with people today. Now, for those that are truly my friends I can count them on a single hand. I thank the God’s that there are still men and women of integrity, honor and valor. People that are human beings and respectful towards one another. I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment