Saturday, October 5, 2024

DEATH BY STUPIDITY

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. What is it with this world we live in? When I call a company, I want to talk to a human being. Not some automated machine that ends up on a voice mail machine. When, I need a service or product. I do not want to go online. Even though, I have just about every credit card. I don’t want to be made to feel as if I have to use it. I look around me and I see nothing but numbers. No more people looking at each other and jesturing something as simple as ‘Hello”. I come from a small village and we all knew each other. We did not need the police as we took care of each other. No one got out of line. No one dared mess with other people’s business. The only time you see a cop would be when someone got shot. Otherwise we all feared God, knew enough about the law to not steal, kill or be disrespectful. I read this newspaper and I can’t believe the number of children committing crimes with guns and knives. Where are the parents. I know, In this modern day when responsibility and duty are something foreign. Kids give birth to kids. I pray to the God’s that we never have to fight a world war. We as a population are weak and do not have the character to make the sacrifices needed to preserve our way of life. We are brining up stupid children. We give out credentials as if they have no value. Everyone is a professor. Everyone is a winner. Sadly by all being winner we prove to be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment