Saturday, October 12, 2024

Killing Seniors !!!

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Canada is killing seniors.... What!!! Are you out of your mind... Ok, take a deep breath and let me explain. Most, seniors live on a fixed income. Most, struggle to stay a float. I try to be an honest and responsible senior much like many reading this. Unfortunately the government is making it that much more difficult to live in Canada. Taxes keep going up. Food prices keep going up. Not to mentions the gauging of prices at the gas pump. Seniors benefits, stay the same. Pensions stay the same. How are we to survive? And seniors are not the only ones that the government are killing.... look at what they are doing to the future of our youth. This is not anymore about work hard and you get some place. At $17.50/hr. You would have to work 24/7 to just have some savings... and far from ever purchasing a home. My heart breaks. I know what hard work is. My back would hurt. My hands rougher than rocks. Running out of sweat 2hrs in your shift. The only thing keeping you going was the thought of Friday coming and getting that pay check to pay for my necessities and save the rest to buy land. That was then. This is now. The youths dreams and hopes are being destroyed. Seniors are slowly being killed by the worry of not having enough money at the end of the month to meet all their responsibilities. Going to a supermarket and looking at food you want and being forced to purchase the food you can afford. This is so demoralizing. So, sad. It eats at your very core. Now, with the way housing is. Many seniors are being forced on the street. Is this our Canada? Is this the same Canada that sends billions over seas to assist in foreign wars. Canada first my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment