Monday, January 24, 2022

COVID AND RECORD PROFITS WHERE ARE WE GOING HERE!!!

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. What is happening in the business world. I remember the days when a handshake was you bond. I remember closing many deals on a handshake. From what I am being told by my friends. A handshake today is worthless. You shake someone’s hand today and you have to look down to see if they did not steal your watch. This is so wrong. We are becoming a third world country. They say we are all equal. I say we are in part. But when reality hits. Foreign traditions, customs, religions truly come out on some people. I think the biggest reason the Americans have failed in the spread of democracy across the planet. Including Afghanistan. People there have no notion of choice. Their way of life has been the same for thousands of years. How are the Americans or anyone to come in and preach something different. My worry is all these refugees that come in our country. Many with entrenched ways of living like they did back home. I am Italian immigrant and I can tell you first hand that the best way to integrate for the better of this country is to loose your customs and traditions. Those are for in private and at home. In todays world. Even thought we are all forced to comply to social diversity norms. The prejudice is very real. This bring me back to my handshake model. Today’s handshake has no value as the Canadian way of honoring your brother has been compromised as some of these foreign cultures take our good nature to rip us off. The goodness and pureness of the intent is violated for personal gain. This in turn hurting all of us... and society at large. My handshake is as good as my world. Can you say the same. God hope so. For the betterment of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment