Friday, June 10, 2022

DEMOCRACY SHOULD BE DEMORECRY

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Ha, the lowest voter turn out. Wonder why? Democracy as it was originally intended is broken and there is no hope to fix. No matter who we vote. We the people end up paying for it. This explain the poor vote turn out. It is not about majority or minority voters. It is about who cares and within that group. A perceived majority. On the one hand it is our fault for not voting. On the other. Why bother when no matter the side they are all about the same. Making a career for themselves. Looking out for themselves. I am disgusted on how our standard of living is being compromised. How are laws are being manipulated and how the quality of life keeps going down. No real jobs, house prices going through the roof. Our economy on a downward spin. Look at the gas prices.... Come on people. Where are we going with this. It is like we are in an airplane. The airplane is going straight down... and the politicians seem to be turning their seats up to not see what is coming and claiming how good it looks up. No matter who wins... the people pay. We change governments from Liberal to Conservative. DEMORECRY... as who ever takes power will blame the previous administration for the poor condition it was left in and tax us even more. Much like this carbon tax crap. Really. One day they are going to come up with a way to tax us for farting... you weigh so much you fart so much. Methane is bad for the environment. You pay. LIke it or not. It is not a democracy it is a DEMORECRY. We need a new system. We need to revamp this so called democracy by the people for the people crap. The more they feed us political lines THE MORE I CRY. What if all of a sudden a group of people get together and may actually influence the outcome of elections. What is someone paid you to vote for someone. Would it make sense to sell your vote. At the least you make something out of it. Let’s say $1,000./vote? For some easy money. Would that still be a democracy? Think about it. What different is it then now. We are fooled to believe empty promises. We are mislead to believe. If we are going to get screwed over let’s at the least get paid. Much like the world’s oldest profession. Make them pay for it. Nothing is for free in this world and no one will ever give you or do something for without a price attached. I ENDORSE JOE INGINO FOR MAYOR OF OSHAWA IN 2022 VOTE INGINO

No comments:

Post a Comment