Monday, October 16, 2023

WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?

WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I keep hearing about the many attacks on teachers. The violence in our schools from primary education age. What is going on out there. It has reached an alarming level. When kids go to school with knives and guns. Where do they get these weapons. What happened to the good old days when fist would fly until you drew first blood. Then you walked away life time friends. Today, it appears it is fight to the death or nothing. This is so wrong on so many levels. First, blame technology and the video game industry. All these random killing games, should not be part of under age entertainment. Shooting at zombies de-humanizes the mind and in part anti religious.... as it disrespect the dead by re-taking their lives. All this violence turns my stomach. The kids are not to blame. If you condition a young mind to think a particular way. That is all they know and as innocent as their minds are. They only act and respond according to what they been shown. Personally, I blame the parents. The parents should be the ones that are responsible for helping their children develop healthy attitudes and life style. This now bringing to question. Should parent be held accountable when their children commit a crime? Should the parent be forced to pay retribution to their children victim. But wait. Today everyone plays the victim card. A friend of mine told me that his son was called into the principal office for asking another kid what his pronoun was. This was the same student that was seen coming out of the girls changing room claiming he was a she. In this modern world we have to many rights and lack common sense. Kids should not be subjected to guns and knives at school. Children need to be educated on not so much acceptance but instead common sense. It is not about you. It is about us. It is not about individuality but instead of collaborative sharing towards common social goals. I feel for our kids. They are being brought up confused. God help us that soon we as parents take control of our children future.

No comments:

Post a Comment