Monday, October 2, 2023

DINGY A DONGIE

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I live north of Oshawa. In a house that I built with my own two hands. With material I bought from the hard work and sweat through the years. I pay a hefty tax. I have no city water. No sewage pipes and barely have telephone and internet. Now don’t get me wrong. I am no savage. It is not I am some ‘off the grid’ freak. I just happen to have purchased a very nice piece of property in a very distinguished neighborhood and my little ‘VILLA’. Is everything I ever wanted. I have gardens and ponds with fish. Life is good for me I can’t complain. But, wait maybe I can complain a little as I have been battleling between Rogers and Bell for sometime. I have a gate that is remotely controlled from my inhome security system. For the longest time Bell has made my life miserable. They keep sending one technician after another. They pull wires the tell me it is fixed...When in reality it is not. I tried going with Rogers. Rogers promised me the world and gave me nothing. They don’t even run cable to my area. Some high tech company they are. I was forced to return to Bell. Bell that much to my surprise treats customers like cattle. Their main corporate goal is to extract as much money as they can from you and give you minimal service. Look at their so called infinite internet. What they don’t tell you is that they cap you. If you go over it. Your internet turns into a drunken turtle speed. Is that legal. My battle has primarily been with cellular charges, TV service and phone. It appears that I live in a rubiks cube of technology. For whatever reason it appears that they can’t get the right combo. Yet, I keep getting the bills. It appears that each bill is different with different charges. It has got so bad I had to go to the CRTC. I am a senior. Should I have to be put through this? I am lucky that I have the money to pay for these bills. Then, go to the CRTC. But what about the many that live on a fixed income? What Rogers and Bell are doing is border line illegal. Charging customers late fee, service fees, and anything else they can think. Sadly, there is no real competition. As the so called competition are primarily owned by Bell, Rogers. I feel for seniors and our youth. What will their future end up looking like. If driving downtown is any indication. Sad times ahead for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment