Saturday, February 5, 2022

GRAPPA THE ULTIMATE VACCINE WHERE ARE WE GOING HERE!!!

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I worked all my life hard. I with my own two hands erected a 20 unit apartment building. Build various houses including the one I live in today and very seldom had time to get sick. I had a cough I walked it off. I had a sneeze, wiped it on my sleeve. My main life revolved around working and making sure that food was on the table. Today after a life of hard work. I am punished by the same government that I paid hefty taxes towards. I ask for help. They tell me to call some hotline. Really. I have tenants that have not paid for months their rent. I can’t kick them out. Government says it is illegal. I try to live comfortably and get penalized on my pension for making over the amount allowed. I have commercial tenants that don’t pay. There is nothing I can do about getting them out. So tell me. Have I lived my life wrong? Should I have just sat back and waited for the government to give me a future. To take care of me while suckers like me broke their back working? Now we have this COVID... really. I say, take some grappa, garlic nice piece of bread. Soak the bread in some olive oil, a little vinegar and have it all with a bunch of olives a few slices of cheese and salami. If that does not cure you from any Covid nothing will. Hell, enough grappa and you may even recover from a Justin episode. (Grappa is an alcoholic beverage: a fragrant, grape-based pomace brandy of Italian origin that contains 35 to 60 percent alcohol by volume.) We live in sad times. Some have called it the beginning of western civilization as we are slowly eroding in to a third world type society. We have given up to many of standards in order to accommodate for others. Canadian culture is not what it use to be. Believe me. I experienced prejudice. I quickly learned that two things trump prejudice. One is pure academics. If you are smarter than those picking on you. They will soon are forced to respect you. The other way is by working hard and making a good life for yourself. No one can take that from you. My back may hurt at night. My knees may buckle at times. My feet never want to work and my head is always pounding. I may not have the best hair, eyes and teeth. But I do not mind as I have a good heart and consciousness. I know that everything I have I earned. I know that I helped when needed. I know the difference between wrong and right. I would never steal from another. Is this not what Canada is all about? Honesty, working hard for your goals? As I look around me I think my old fashion ways today are not appreciated. I tried to uphold the customs, culture and standards of this great nation. A nation that has given me opportunities like no other. I did not mind the sacrifices as what I went through is what I expected for my children to go through and achieve if not more. I look around me and tears form in my eyes. As our own leaders do not share my passion, my love for this great nation. It appears that hard work is no longer rewarded. Look at those elected to lead us. Dan Carter a man that I would not hire to clean my toilets... yet there he is elected Mayor. Erin OToole another example of me, me, me... Not to mention Justin our prime minister. No matter the party. We the people are doomed. I feel for my kids, your kids and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment