Monday, October 10, 2022

WEEKS AWAY

By Karrie Lynn Dymond ward 5 City Councillor Hello everyone, my name is Karrie Lynn Dymond. As a new face in municipal politics. I hope to bring you people based type of representation. Well folks it is a couple of weeks before we find out how the people voted. Everyone I meet I tell them to get out and vote... of course with a little bias in my voice as I hope they vote for me. People are funny sometimes as they may say sure, sure and then they don’t even turn out to vote. I understand the frustration of casting a single vote and time and time again your candidate does not get in. After a bit it can get frustrating and discouraging. But people this time around it is different. We all have to make a difference. Our future depends on it. From the Mayor’s position right down the line. We need change. We need real people representing real people. I like to think that I fill that bill to a tee. I am a hard working individual. I value every dollar I make and promise to carry over the same spending principles. I want to bring municipal government back to the people. People like you and m e. Is that not a refreshing idea. Plus I like to assure that every tax dollar is wisely spent. I want to review where we can cut on waste and reinvest back into the community in a positive and constructive way. Everyone seems to have an issue with the condition of our downtown. There is no question that something needs to be done. We can’t continue with the rampant use of drugs. People sleeping on our sidewalks. We need leadership in this City that will address this very serious problem. I like to think I can contribute to the process and alleviate the problem. I can’t wait. A couple of more weeks and we will have the results. Please remember to vote. With your vote we can free ourselves from the current situation. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment