Saturday, February 24, 2024

BY-ELECTION BYE ELECTION

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I don’t get it... but I am sure I will. Apparently we are at the eve of a by-election. Erin O’Toole decided ‘NO MAS’. Jumped ship and how the vultures are out in full hunt. Is this how we elect our official in Canada. PICK ONE FROM THE LIST - I did not know about the election until I seen an ad for the PPC in this great newspaper. Who is running? What credential do they have? Does it matter who wins? To me it appears that all those running are running to better their pocket book. I know one thing. Whoever wins won’t be doing a thing for my pocket book. I will still have to put up with Justin insanity. I will still have to live beyond my means as the economy is shot. I will still have to pay for my high property taxes. Pay for Durham Region bill, phone, water, electricity and all the others that someone decides to lick a stamp and send me a bill for. I have a suggestion. Why don’t we leave that seat open and distribute the annual salary among the taxpayers. Hey, a dollar here a dollar there. It makes a difference. After all is this not how the municipalities keep feeding it to us up the ass. Oh, the tax increase this year is only equivalent to and extra $30 dollars. Please... I strongly believe that democracy is dead. Just because you have the right to choose it does not ad up to shit. Think about it. We the people have no voice. No say and no real representation. No matter who wins. Our daily lives will continue the same. Even if a federal election was called tomorrow. Would a change really make a difference? Politics both in Canada and the U.S. have proven to be about wealth and power. It is not about the people. The people can cheer and chant. At the end of the day. He/She that gets elected is the only one that truly benefits. I have a message for the bi-elections. Bye bye. I am not voting. I am not wasting my time to help someone fill their pockets at my expense. I strongly support the idea of leaving the seat open as a show of rebellious intent from the voters. But what am I talking about. People will keep making the same mistake and turn out and vote for some token, only to turn around the next day and begin the criticism of their choice. Bahhhhh

1 comment:

  1. I hear you Mr. Russo. The Uni-Party at work. It doesn't matter who you vote for, you get the will of the Elitest few who are at the top pulling the strings.The only option we have just now is the one party that has not been bought and paid for by these crooks. You can check their platform -- The PPC is the only party that speaks for We The People. In the mean time, we need to see how we can take down the whole corrupt system, and build something new that is accountable. And believe it or not, there are a lot of groups trying to do just that.

    ReplyDelete