Saturday, February 17, 2024

SONO UN TRANS-CAVALLO I AM ENTERING IN THE NEXT KENTUCKY DERBY

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I survived COVID - Only God knows how I survived it... Apparently now a days we are so desperate in finding the COVID magic cure that they are giving medicines to fight the virus that they give to horses. Or possibly could it be that because I ended up in the Port Perry hospital that the staff confused me with a donkey and gave me deworming medicine to fight COVID. Ah, good question. Any way, at Port Perry hospital they gave me ivermectin is a medicine that is used to deworm horses. Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies. For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and I was in very bad shape. When, I heard that I had received a horse medicine. I became agitated... Strong like horse THEY SAID. I demanded answers. They all looked at me as if I was crazy. Crazy horse, I guess. I must admit, what they gave me gave me energy and made me feel real good. But still, it was medicine they gave to horses. I was so alarmed that I signed myself out. The doctors could not believed me and pretty much barred me from the hospital. Well, needles to say. I galloped out and to my home.... Only to be taken back to Oshawa General the next day. The horse medicine wore out and boom it hit me hard. I could not breath and I think I even seen the big guy in the sky. I know it was the big guy in the sky, cause he looked at me and said we don’t take horses in heaven. Next thing you know there I was at Oshawa General where I was granted a four day forced vacation. Thank God. I recovered. Until this day I do not know what they gave me at Oshawa General. All I know is that every time I drive by a pasture I have this urge to gallop. So much so that ever since COVID I been eating a lot of salad....Ok stop laughing... I lied about the salad. I think this year I am in the money. With this new vigor I am planning on entering the Kentucky Derby as a Trans-Horse. I always as a young boy felt like a stallion of sort...It is time for me to come out of the (closet) stable and let the world that I am an Italian Stallion. I think I may have a real good chance at winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment