Saturday, November 11, 2023

LET’S STOP IMPORTING WAR

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Excuse me. Is this still Canada? It appears through multiculturalism we appear to have become a heaven for all kinds of refugees. Refugees that come to Canada to continue the cause from here instead of living a good peaceful life. I could not stop shaking my head.... Last week local schools allowed students to cut class and hit the streets in Pro-Palestine demonstration of support. Really? Kids, mostly 16, 17. They are under age and under the supervision of the school. Educators according to news reports did nothing and could not prevent kids from leaving the schools. This is crazy talk. The educators are entrusted to be the parent during the times kids are forced to go to school. I say forced because they should not have any other choice. What can a 16, 17 year old know about war across the planet. What this tells me is that people with agenda have infiltrated our schools, fed our young minds with hate and organized them against another people. Now don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against the Palestine people or the Israeli. It’s their war not ours. The Palestinian one day decided to start firing rocket towards the Israeli and now they cry victim because the Israeli retaliate. I read another news report. Shots have been fired towards schools in Montreal. Really, what next bombings, kidnapping and beheading? You got to be kidding me this is Canada. I say, that we get tough. Anyone organizing against another people or nation should be expelled out of Canada without chance of return. I feel for the innocent people on both sides. They should not be subjected to violence and random attacks. Remember one thing. We are human first. Fanatics, second. I watched news reports of pick ups full of Hamas pulling up to Israeli neighbourhoods and shoot at anyone and everyone. We can’t allow this to happen to Canada. This is a national disgrace. Just this week. In another media report. In Montreal. A huge anti Israel. The reporter kept emphasizing that it was full of hate towards the Israeli. Where is the police rounding up these fundamentalists? Round them up and send them back to Palestine. We Canadian don’t want or need this impacting our society. We do not want to see the traditional terrorist head wear. We don’t want to see your hate. We want to go to work. Raise a family and contribute in a productive way. Remember why your homeland is a mess. We do not need or want that. Don’t you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment