Saturday, March 30, 2024

SHOCKED BY O.P.U.C

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Just for Easter. A little bitter sweet news. Now don’t get me wrong. But when I say the world is finished. I really mean it. The other day. I had a $1,900. O.P.U.C bill I had to pay. I thought, Ok. I will go down to the office downtown Beirut... or it seems. As the roads are full of pot holes. Parking is outrageous and any given moment you can get shot by some punk or junkie demanding you give him cash so he can run down to Simcoe St. United Church and be saved by the local junkie at the corner of Simcoe and Bagot...Or maybe go to the free for all Back Door Mission. Where with my tax dollar these people can go and find refuge as they shoot up. Meanwhile here I am approaching the front door of the O.P.U.C. A security guard informs me that I can’t drop off the cheque as they don’t have the old mailbox they use to have. It was a great service to the community. NO MORE. I then approached to go in the building. The guard at the door practically body slammed me to the sidewalk. He informed me that you can’t go in and pay the bill. Or leave the cheque. I was floored. Where it the customer service? I then asked him how do I pay. He said you have to mail it in. Or you have to go online. I just drove from Columbus all the way down for nothing? Where is the customer service? It is like going to the City hall. Same thing. You are met up with a series of security guards. These guards are rude and forward. When you go in to the main lobby you have one option. Front desk. You can’t go up the elevator to any department. This is ridiculous. In most cases they direct you to a web site... a web site that is far from user friendly and extremely hard to navigate. The City can surely increase your taxes and demand you pay them on time. What happened to customer service? They treat you like cattle with the arrogance of what are you going to do. It has got so bad that the City does not advertise announcement. road closure, events in the local paper. The City elect are so bias and prejudice that only care about themselves and to assure they get elected back the following election. Disgusting. I am shocked at the OPUC, The City of Oshawa....

No comments:

Post a Comment