Saturday, April 2, 2022

NO HONOR AMONG CROOKS

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. Much like that popular song by Men at Work - ironically entitled “I come from a land down under” sort of speaking. Many Italians are stereotyped into just because you look traditional Italian that you have some sort of Mob connection.... I wish. At least those guys have a strict code of ethics. You mess up. You pay the price. I remember reading a book where they they said that the reason why the government does not like the Mob is because government does not want competition. Unfortunately La Cosa Nostra of Oshawa (Municipal Government) messes up and lives to tell about it and do it all over again. I am disgusted on how our elected official keep wasting our money and go about their day as if nothing happens. How they make one bad decision after another. Point in case. This week it was brought to my attention the fact that at Monday council meeting. La Cosa Nostra of Oshawa denied the good people of C.A.M.P. Community Assisted Meal Program a permit to continue feeding the poor in Oshawa. Here you have a group made up of volunteers at no cost to the tax payers and the City denies them a permit... On what grounds do they do this? This group was founded by Raymond Bond and John E Walker. The City should be praising these two for the service to the City. The City is in dire need for assistance when it comes to helping those in need. Instead they play politics and favortism. I am beyond words upset at the City. I will help CAMP in any way I can. This prejudice and favortism has to stop. The City has to stop being so hypocritical and exclusive. I am beyond words on how these so called elected official can justify picking up their pay cheques every week knowing that there are people out there starving and living on our streets. This type of arrogance has to go. This is the only City that practices such prejudice. The only city that things happen and they fail to publish. Case in point. Why has the City not given any advertising to this newspaper? Politics and favortism. The City can manipulate the other media outlets so they favor them by paying them off with your tax dollar in the form of advertising. This is wrong. I have had a good life. I will do whatever I can to help those in need. Those being abused and or done wrong. La Cosa Nostra of Oshawa is about to change in the 2022 election. Do your part support C.A.M.P in any way you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment