Saturday, April 30, 2022

TEARS FROM MY HEART

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I’m sorry if I sound soft old and feeble...but I can’t help it. When I look around me and see those that are supposed to be our leaders do the things they do. I can’t help but to feel my hart tear as a piece of me is slowly dieying as I see that the opportunities that this country once offered me are no longer available for generations to come. You look around you and all you see are people with their heads buried in their cell phones, computer and now virtual reality machines. What happened to human social interaction? How can we walk our street and see people living on doorways? How can we live with our conscious knowing such suffering is taking place in a country like Canada. I was once a strong contributor to the Liberal party. I see now I was fooled and my efforts wasted. But don’t get me wrong. The conservatives are no better. Not to mention the NDP. We in Canada are becoming a third world country. Year by year our quality of life is slipping. I thank God every morning that I got to enjoy Canada and that Canada gave me the opportunity to live a hard but very satisfactory life. I owe no one nothing and what I have I earned the hard way. Working long days and not eating at time to pay for what I owed. I pray that somehow we can get Canada back. That we put our difference aside and appreciate common sense and elect true leaders. Check out the Canada for Canadian Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment