Saturday, June 22, 2024

Artificial Dummies

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. What is all this talk about Artificial Intelligence? I look around me and all I see are a bunch of dummies. Yes, I say dummies because we go around being led like Ox. Price of gas skyrockets... We do nothing. Food prices out of this world. No one does nothing. Forget the thought of purchasing a new home. Unless you are dealing in drugs... Most on a single income can barely afford to rent. What is going on here.... Society sells us on convenience. Bull cookies... there is nothing convenient about getting out of your car in the middle of winter to pump your own gas... or to be forced to pre-pay. Really, how is that convenient to me? Not only that. You have to take a freaken course to operate a gas pump. This is ridiculous. I remember the days, when pulling in a gas station it was the highlight of the day. Two or three attendants would come out. One would pour gas. One would clean your windshield, check your tire pressure while the other one offered you tea or coffee while you waited. What happened to those good old days? Now you pick up a phone and no matter who you call. It is that brain washing forced conformation automated system. Press 1 and press 2 and press 3 and you end up on voice mail. Wow that was convenient. They call that Artificial Intelligence. Well, I pay someone to develop Artificial stupidity. A system that would be so simple that even a chimp could operate. A system that would always have someone answering the phone with a professional attitude and eager to assist. Not some third wold type barking language in an attempt to sound western. I don’t want the world. I want customer service. I want to be treated like a customer, not just some number as if in a bingo parlor. Oh, Canada. Where are thy...

No comments:

Post a Comment