Saturday, May 11, 2024

QUESTO, E-COSI! -- KEFFIYEH

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. This week it was brought to my attention that an MPP attempted to wear one of these Keffiyeh during session and was kindly asked to leave the Ontario Legislature. Apparently Sarah Jama thought it would be appropriate to wear one of these Keffiyeh during session as a sign of open public disobedience and a slap in the face to all Canadians. Canadian culture, customs and traditions. The argument was that she had the right to support a terrorist group called Hamas. A group that is using the people of Palestine as their shield against an onslaught ass kicking by the Israeli. Hamas, initiated this and now we the people of Canada have to support their cowardly attempts to cry wolf. Really. I say, that this Sarah Jama does not represent Canadian values and traditions and that she should be expelled as an MPP. So should the two other supporters that decided to walk out with her. MPP Joel Harden and Kristyn Wong-Tam. What is the meaning of the kufiya? The History and Significance of the Hirbawi Black and White ...In Palestinian culture, the kufiya is designed to resemble a fishnet, symbolizing the livelihood of the Palestinian. These type of garments are far from Canadian. Far from in the best interest of the people of Canada. These three politicians should be made an example. That unless it is Canada first. You do not belong in government pretending to work in the best interest of the Canadian people and supporting foreign wars. We are Canadian first. As representative of the people of Canada it should not be allowed for our representatives to dress like foreigners. Upholding foreign cultures and agendas. I think they should incorporate this in citizenship. Canada first. You want to continue with your traditions and culture. Do it privately. The wear of this scarf to me is insulting. I worked all my life to contribute and respect traditions and Canadian customs. To have an MPP disrespect me and Canada’s heritage, customs, traditions. No excuse. In Trumps words. “THEY SHOULD BE FIRED”. Send a clear message to all. Canada for Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment