Saturday, May 25, 2024

$127,000 DOWNTOWN ART

By Rosaldo Russo Allow me to begin this column by thanking the Oshawa/Central newspaper for allowing me the opportunity and access to the press. Not to many if any allow an average person like me to tell the world what I see and think. In my opinion. The Editor/Publisher is a real upstanding type of guy. He shoots from the hip and hold traditional core values. My name is Rosaldo Russo. I came to this great country to make a better life for myself and my family. I thank Canada for everything it has allowed me to do and earn. I worked construction all my life. I know the value of hard work and honesty. I remember as a boy my father always telling me to work hard and buy land. So I did. I remember days when I did not have enough to eat. I go to work... but I did not wait for hand outs. I rounded up my pride my skill and my determination to succeed and went to work. In those days the only benefits we received was the fact we were employed. Before retiring I was the owner and operator of local material supply company that allowed me to retired without worry. Now that I have time to enjoy life. I look around me and have some concern for future generations. I see that the world is finished. I pay and paid my share of taxes. Even though hefty. I always was in thought that the money was going towards a good cause. Year after year passes and it appears that the quality of life in Oshawa keeps deteriorating. Look at the downtown. Homeless people sleeping in door ways. Drugs and guns widely available. Businesses closing... do we have council representation? Who are these characters that see people suffering and they do nothing. But wait. The release by the city this week below... states that in someone's warped mind. We the people of Oshawa should waste $145,000 dollars on some artwork. Like really. Who is doing the thinking here. PEOPLE... PEOPLE ARE SLEEPING ON THE STREET. The release read: The City of Oshawa invites residents and business owners to a public art Open House at the Arts Resource Centre. During the Open House, community members will have the opportunity to learn more about and provide input on a new public artwork that is being commissioned for the Downtown Oshawa Urban Square. (URBAN SQUARE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME). The Urban Square and its artwork reflect the City’s commitment and desire to connect and engage with the community, as well as transform the spaces where we live, work, learn and play into vibrant, inviting and meaningful public spaces. (ARE THEY ON DRUGS... CONNECT AND ENGAGE!!! ARE WE ALL TALKING ABOUT THE SAME DOWNTOWN.... PEOPLE ARE SLEEPING ON THE STREET...)This project marks the City’s first independent sculpture commission, signifying a significant step toward enhancing the creative fabric of the downtown. The budget for the artwork, including artist fees, engineering, materials and installation is $145,000. Are you kidding me.... Rick Kerr and Derek Giberson, City downtown councillor should resign in shame. You know what you can do with $145,000 to help the homeless and the many downtown people suffering. No, instead these two idiots want to create a ‘urban square’. That is like putting lip-stick on a pig. It is easy for the two idiots to waste our tax dollar.... and you wonder why then they turn around and keep raising our taxes. BAD DECISIONS BY INCOMPETENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment